What To Do When You Have Fire Damage
Fires can destroy the walls and compromise the interior structure of your home. Seeing what’s left in the wake of a house fire can be devastating, but you don’t have to pick up the pieces by yourself. After the fire marshal deems it safe to return to your home, request our residential fire damage restoration contractor to receive top-quality repairs and restorations.
Fire damage can cause a multitude of problems. Many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your house and your family. As a result, we arrive equipped with the most advanced restoration equipment and ready for anything. Our work begins with a comprehensive inspection of your property to secure the area from dangerous elements.
Our residential fire restoration team then begins to remove anything that is beyond saving. Once we’ve rid your home of extraneous debris and waste, our contractors start restoring everything from the flooring, to the walls, and everything in between. When our work is complete, your home will be back in great condition
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The technicians from E Results are all-encompassing fire remediation experts.
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Tips after your fire.
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup some smoke damage and prevent spreading it.
What to Do After a Fire
- Take Pictures of everything and all damage
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don’t use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don’t send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Why You Should Trust E Results
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to our experts. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible.
Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire repair services experts at E Results.